Did You Know?
Mercury is a naturally occurring element in nature that is toxic to humans and wildlife. It is particularly harmful when products containing mercury are spilled, discarded down drains or incinerated as waste. Once mercury is released into the air it will fall back to the ground in rain and snow, contaminating soils and water bodies. Bacteria in aquatic ecosystems can convert mercury to organic methylmercury – a potent neurotoxin – that bioaccumulates (builds up) in organisms and becomes more concentrated as it travels up the food chain, where it can accumulate in the tissues of fish and shellfish.
for more information.
Places Where You Can Recycle Mercury Thermometres